Investigation report on the cultivation of traditional Chinese medicinal materials and the market of Chinese medicinal materials in the northern region (80 pictures)
Zhou Chengming Liang Xiaorong Zhang Yigui Jin Guangqian Zhou Fenghua Bi Shouzhang Yaoyun Yang Shusen Zhang Zhanyong Wang Yong
Abstract: The author has conducted in-depth investigations on traditional Chinese medicinal material producing areas and markets and pharmaceutical factories on many occasions, and has seen the actual situation of Chinese medicinal material cultivation and market in northern China in 2004-2005. According to incomplete statistics, the area of medicinal material cultivation in the northern region has been reduced to Below 1 million acres, the lowest point in history. In normal years, the annual planting area of the country is about 3-7 million mu. Ten of the national 17 medicinal materials markets have been paralyzed, and the volume of seven has shrunk severely. This article analyzes the main reasons for the serious shrinkage of Chinese medicinal materials and the market, and puts forward suggestions and countermeasures to change and revitalize the Chinese medicine industry; it provides a reference for relevant departments to adjust the Chinese medicine industry and make correct decisions.
Keywords: Chinese medicinal material cultivation, Chinese medicinal material market, GAP certification, GMP certification, rationality suggestions
1. From November 2004 to May 2005, we have conducted in-depth investigations on Chinese medicinal material producing areas and Chinese medicinal material markets for many times, and have seen the true situation of Chinese medicinal material production and market in China. We are now stating the following.
1. Planting status of Ural licorice :
Gansu Province is one of the earlier provinces that researched and promoted the cultivation of Ural licorice. After investigation and comprehensive statistics, the current area of Gansu Province ’s uricuric licorice is as follows:
About 1,500 acres of Yiner Beach in Jiuquan; about 500 acres of Hydrological Team 3; about 2,000 acres of Dunhuang; 500-1000 acres of Chijin Lake in Yumen; about 2,000 acres of Qingyang; about 2,000 acres of Linxia; about 5,000 acres of Dingxi and Longxi; Baiyin and Jingtai About 3,000 acres; about 3,000 acres in Zhangye; about 2,000 acres in Jinta Healthland Bay and about 1,000 acres in Dingxin; the total planting area is about 23,000 acres, about 30% of which have been dug out in the autumn of 2004 and the land area is less than 15,000 acres. The planting area in 2005 was 15,000 mu, totaling about 30,000 mu.
According to our incomplete statistics, the area of Ural Gan grassland in other parts of the country is:
About 20,000 acres in Xinjiang; about 20,000 acres in Ningxia; about 30,000 acres in Inner Mongolia; about 10,000 acres in the three northeastern provinces; about 10,000 acres in Shandong, Shanxi, and Shaanxi; and about 5,000 acres in Henan, Hebei, and Beijing.
As of May 2005, the land area of Ural licorice nationwide was less than 125,000 acres. Calculated based on 2-3 years of harvest. The average output per acre was calculated as 300 kg. 120,000 acres were harvested in three years. The market is about 9,000 tons. However, China's exports and demand each year amount to about 60,000 tons, with a large gap. If the relevant government departments in 2005 do not introduce a new encouragement policy for the cultivation of medicinal materials and are still keen to engage in "GAP" certification and GMP certification, the price of licorice will skyrocket after 2006, and it will prompt farmers to dig limited wild licorice. The ecological environment will further deteriorate.
2. Status of Angelica sinensis
Angelica is a traditional authentic medicinal material in Gansu Province. According to estimates, the actual area of Angelica's land deposit is less than 100,000 acres, and it is harvested once every two years. About 50,000 acres can be mined annually to meet the market requirements. The current equivalent is about 5 yuan / kg.
The area of Astragalus is also below 30,000 acres. It is harvested in 2-3 years. The current price is low and the people have no incentive to plant. The current mixed equivalent is 2-3 yuan / kg, which is not enough for planting costs.
4 , Codonopsis
Codonopsis spp. Is estimated to be less than 50,000 acres and harvested within two years. At present, the market price has been reduced to the lowest. Mixed equivalent 5-7 yuan / kg.
5 , salvia
The salinity of Salvia miltiorrhiza planted by 7 farmers and counties in Shangluo City, Shaanxi at the end of 2004 is as follows:
About 3,000 acres in Shanyang County; about 1,000 acres in Huangshui; about 3,000 acres in Shangzhou District; about 1,000 acres in Danfeng; about 500 acres in Shangnan; total land area of about 8,500 acres. Investigations in Shandong, Henan, and Hebei totaled about 50,000 mu.
6 , turmeric
The land deposit of Huangjiang in Shaanxi is roughly as follows: Danfeng and Shanyang: 4000-5000 mu; Shangzhou: 3000-4000 mu; Other districts and counties: about 2000 mu, total: 9000-12000 mu. About 50,000 acres of land exist in Shanxi and Henan. The price is 1-1.5 yuan / kg.
7 , Banlangen
It was completely excavated in 2004 with a price of 1.8-2.2 yuan / kg. In the spring of 2005, the area planted in the country was estimated to be less than 50,000 acres. In 2006, it was a problem for ordinary people to eat it.
8 , North Chaihu
Because the price of Bupleurum in 2004 was only 6-7 yuan / kg, which was not enough cost, the area planted in 2005 was about 5,000-6000 mu; some medicinal farmers had destroyed medicine and grain.
9. Dampi Dampi is about 15,000 mu;
1 0 There are about 20,000 acres of platycodon.
11 , Dihuang Rehmannia glutinosa is deposited in about 2-3 million mu.
12 , Polygala Polygala has an area of about 5,000 acres.
13.Scutellaria baicalensis There are about 3-4 acres of land in Huanghua.
According to incomplete statistics, the storage area of bulk medicinal materials in northern China should be below 1 million acres, which has fallen to the lowest point in history. In normal years, the area of sown herbs in China is about 3-7 million acres. It is predicted that the price of some medicinal materials will soar in 2006-2007, impacting the entire Chinese medicine industry chain!
2. Schematic diagram of Chinese traditional medicinal planting and market formation
1. Schematic diagram of traditional Chinese medicine seed production and circulation
The above four sales links can completely control the quality of medicinal materials and prevent counterfeit and inferior medicinal materials from entering the market. This method of production and circulation has been formed as early as the Ming and Qing Dynasties, and has been honed and tested by the market for more than a thousand years. It has been documented and applied in the past herbs and pharmacopoeias. It is a mature production technology system and quality standard system. The essence of Chinese herbal medicine production, processing and sales in China! An immature GAP that has just been introduced from abroad is still in the scientific research stage, and has been rushing to legislate GAP certification. How can it be compared with the traditional Chinese medicinal material system that has been practiced in China for hundreds of years! There is no need for the country to set up a "GAP" medicinal material system!
3 , "GAP " and GMP medicinal materials production diagram
In the production process of "GAP" and GMP medicinal materials, they were put into the warehouse only after a single inspection by the quality inspection department of the Chinese medicine factory. The quality of the raw materials was entered into the raw material warehouse. Their own inspectors had the final say. The possibility of entering the market is a very immature production mode. The relevant state departments should abolish this method of Chinese medicine production and management, and still adopt and strengthen China's mature 17 Chinese medicinal material market-centric production and trading systems and Chinese medicine factories. Chinese herbal medicine procurement quality inspection system.
Northwest, North China, and Northeast China are important production areas of Chinese medicinal materials, accounting for more than 65% of the country's medicinal material production. Gansu and Shaanxi are two major provinces in Northwest China for seed medicine. They are important traditional Chinese medicinal materials such as licorice root, astragalus root, angelica, dangshen, platycodon grandiflora, bupleurum, paeonia sibirica, and traditional Chinese medicine. With the support of many grass-roots growers, we have seen the actual medicinal planting situation and market transactions in the Three North Region. The overall medicinal planting area is seriously shrinking. Due to the subsidy for seed grains, not only the seed medicines are not subsidized, but GAP certification is also required. Costs and investment, the drug farmers no longer have the enthusiasm for seed medicine. Ten of the 17 national-level medicinal materials markets have been paralyzed, and the trading volume of seven has shrunk severely.
Analyzing the reasons, we believe that the current GMP certification and GAP certification have seriously affected the development of the Chinese herbal medicine industry. GMP certification has prevented more than 1,300 small and medium-sized Chinese medicine factories from passing the certification, and they have stopped production and stopped purchasing Chinese herbal medicine raw materials. The 1,300 Chinese medicine pharmaceutical companies that have passed GMP certification are mostly in debt and have no money to purchase Chinese herbal medicine raw materials. Approximately 150 billion assets of the certified pharmaceutical factory are idle and wasted, which is equivalent to the investment in the construction of a Three Gorges Hydropower Station. The entire Chinese medicine industry is already in a semi-paralyzed state. Some departments of the country impose foreign things on the traditional Chinese medicine industry. Where does the implementation of GMP certification and GAP certification lead the traditional Chinese medicine industry? !!
Many grassroots growers and Chinese herbal medicine factories have demanded that the country change the current Chinese herbal medicine policy, stop GAP certification and GMP certification, support the traditional Chinese herbal medicine industry, and require the state's limited support funds for medicinal materials to directly subsidize medicinal material growers!
1. It is suggested that the State Council restructure the "National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine" into a "National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine Development", under the direct leadership of the State Council, to separate the management authority of the Chinese Medicines and Food Administration from Chinese medicines, GMP certification of Chinese medicine factories, and Chinese medicine pieces Law enforcement management, Chinese herbal medicine market management and other functions, all the development and supervision functions of TCM and TCM, such as the Ministry of Health, Science and Technology, Ministry of Agriculture, and the National Development and Reform Commission, are all attributed to the "Traditional Chinese Medicine Development Bureau".
2. The state should set up a special agency to directly subsidize the traditional Chinese medicinal material cultivation industry. It is not allowed to deduct medicinal material production and scientific research funds from intermediate links and institutions, and encourage the production enthusiasm of medicinal farmers. According to our actual investigation, 2005 The area for the cultivation of medicinal materials nationwide has dropped to the lowest point in history, below 2 million acres. If we no longer encourage growers of medicinal materials, the price of medicinal materials will skyrocket in the next few years, and many medicinal materials will become the source of waterlessness and rice-free cooking! Ordinary people can not afford Chinese medicine, and the amount of Chinese medicine is shrinking, forming a vicious circle.
3. Amend the current national policies on the cultivation of Chinese medicine, the market management of Chinese medicinal materials, and the management of Chinese medicine decoction pieces.
(1) Before the 1980s, the traditional Chinese medicinal materials storage function was completed by the Chinese medicinal materials company and the state-level county and city-level medicinal materials companies; after the reform and opening up in the 1980s, the Chinese medicinal materials were opened as agricultural and sideline products, and medicinal farmers could freely produce and trade them. The role of timber storage tanks is shifted to self-employed households and producers to store medicinal materials. After 2000, the production and storage of medicinal materials were basically completed by medicinal planters. Therefore, the state should directly subsidize more than 90% of the individual medicinal farmers who face the loess and face the sky, and stop the current GAP certification of Chinese medicinal materials. These medicinal farmers are the true producers of medicinal materials and the real material wealth creation By!
(2) Further open the country's 17 Chinese herbal medicine markets, and allow more than 100 kinds of Chinese medicine decoction pieces that are used for both food and medicine by the Ministry of Health to enter the market and be freely traded based on quality. Because the Chinese medicinal products entered the traditional Chinese medicine pharmacy, the pharmaceutical factory was an agricultural and sideline product before, and possessed the characteristics of agricultural and sideline products. There is no need to adopt the supervision method of western medicines such as tube, card, pressure and punishment. Crude Chinese medicinal products can be traded freely. Price is based on quality, according to market conditions and customer requirements. The more than 100 medicinal decoction pieces used by the Ministry of Health should be available in 17 medicinal material markets. Edible decoction pieces, such as licorice, astragalus, codonopsis, white peony, etc., can be loosely managed and freely traded. As decoction pieces used as medicines in Chinese pharmacies and quality inspection departments set up by pharmaceutical factories, only products that meet the quality requirements of decoction pieces of Chinese medicines can enter Chinese medicine stores. The producers of traditional Chinese medicine decoction pieces should not be divided into state-owned and individual, and should not be divided into GMP certified and non-certified enterprises. The quality of listed traditional Chinese medicine decoction pieces should be used as the threshold and standard for management. At present, the “illegal” Chinese herbal medicine processing households in the rural areas around the 17 national medicinal materials markets are all processing Chinese herbal medicines in small batches, which is the mainstream supply of the Chinese herbal medicines market. There are not many GMP-certified decoction factories that process Chinese medicine decoctions. These individual decoction processors are the new force and skilled technicians in the processing of decoction pieces in China. The processed decoction pieces are small in size, good in quality, and cheap in price, and are welcomed by customers at home and abroad. However, these professional processors have become medicine every time. The targets of the investigation and punishment by the supervision department are that these professional cooked processed pieces are now "illegal"! Why can't we formulate relevant policies to register these professional processing households for the use of the country? !! Why can't we set up an open free trade area for decoction pieces in the medicinal materials market, and the supervision department should supervise the quality of decoction pieces? !! At present, such controls, cards, pressures, and penalties can only suppress the production and consumption of traditional Chinese medicine products in China, and make the consumption of Chinese medicine products in our country shrink even more! Therefore, we urge the relevant state departments to abandon the dispute over departmental interests and powers, revise the current management policy of Chinese herbal medicines and Chinese herbal medicines, expand the use of Chinese herbal medicines and traditional Chinese medicines, and revitalize the Chinese medicine industry.
4. According to the requirements of the "Pharmacopoeia of the People's Republic of China" and the rules of traditional Chinese medicine production in China, a set of supervision measures should be formulated to stop the GMP certification of Chinese medicine factories and reinstate the production of Chinese medicine manufacturers that have not passed the GMP certification. The factory has resumed production to produce cheap traditional Chinese patent medicines suitable for the local population, expanding the share of Chinese medicine consumed by the majority of the countryside and farmers. In the next few decades, Chinese medicine consumption in China should be in the vast rural areas, not exported. Because foreigners do not understand the culture of traditional Chinese medicine, the consumption of traditional Chinese medicine products is extremely limited and has not reached the total consumption of traditional Chinese medicine 2 %, 98% are consumed by the Chinese. Therefore, the state should formulate preferential policies to encourage the production, sales and consumption of small and medium-sized Chinese medicine factories and health care products factories. Only in this way can the Chinese medicine cause of China be revitalized and developed!
5. The development of the traditional Chinese medicine industry and the supervision of traditional Chinese medicine are always a contradiction. Whether we want to develop or die, the practice in recent years has proven that development is more important than supervision!
6. The traditional Chinese medicine modernization policy formulated in the past ten years of admiring foreign countries and imitating the modernization of foreign natural medicines is not feasible in China now. Such wrong policies should be stopped or amended! We should formulate our own standards based on the characteristics of traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Chinese medicine in our country, instead of imitating foreign GAP, GMP, etc. to authenticate our Chinese medicine industry and allow foreigners to adapt to Chinese standards. We must follow the path of China's own development of traditional Chinese medicine. Development is the last word!
5. Attach 50 pictures of Chinese medicine planting and Chinese medicinal materials market.